A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Prawn Cocktails

Sorry about no blog yesterday, but Miss Fish returned home on Tuesday with the start of a cold. So Nurse Mum had to come to the fore, and I have been a bit handicapped.

Not much cooking done in the last 2 days, as Miss Fish wants simple meals.


One of the things that she wanted to eat was prawns, she has followed my tastes in liking all things seafood, except raw oysters, so I can rely on her to eat seafood with me, where as Mr CLI only likes flake, he did eat oysters till he got a bad one from a restaurant and hasn't been able to at a oyster again.

So of to the shops yesterday I went and bought some cooked and peeled prawns. Which we are having for lunch as a prawn cocktail.

Now I don't use cream a lot in sauces but I just have to use it in the Rose Marie sauce, I have tried it with mayonnaise, but it didn't have the really nice mouth feel that cream gives you. I also only use iceberg lettuce very thinly sliced. You need the crispy crunch against the softness of the prawns.

Prawn Cocktail
iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced. peeled & cooked prawns, lemon wedges to garnish

Rose Marie Sauce - 1 cup cream, 2 tsps lemon juice, 1/4 tsp ground white pepper, 1 tbsp tomato sauce, tobasco sauce to taste

Mix together all sauce ingredients, taste adjust flavour as needed.

Place lettuce in the base of the serving bowl, I quite often use a martini glass to make it look more special. Place prawns on top, as many as you want, drizzle with sauce. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

Sit down put your feet up and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I love prawn cocktails too! And yes with rose marie sauce, such a classic :)

    ReplyDelete