A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I hope everyone had a good Mothers Day. Unfortunately I spent all weekend looking after sick people Miss Fish was still recovering from food poisoning and Mr CLI with a cold. So mine wasn't a very pleasant weekend, because Miss Le Coiffure couldn't come visit as I didn't want her to get sick also.

So what did I eat for Mothers Day, the leftover lemon chicken and rice from Saturday nights tea, and for tea I made homemade fish and chips, that Mr CLI was going to cook !

So this is the first chance I have had to get to my laptop, in between mopping floors and washing clothes. I still have one load to hang out and one to wash.

But I did cheer myself up today Miss La Coiffure gave me some money to but myself something for Mothers Day. I don't mind that as I can get exactly what I won't and if it is a bit dearer I can add some more money. So of I went to the bookshop and browsed - you guessed it - the cookbook area.

I bought myself a book on Greek cooking, something I want to cook more of and a book of recipes based on fruit and vegies that you can grow in your garden. So that makes the total cookbooks now 152.

So I am off to peruse the recipes enclosed in my new books, and plan the meals for later in the week, when everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment