A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Salmon Patties

There are many recipes for salmon patties, I am not talking about the newer asian type recipes, but the good old fashioned ones using mash potato.

This is the recipe that my Nana used, as you can see I did spend a lot of time with her learning her recipes. She wasn't a fancy cook, but good old fashioned tasty food, that I enjoyed eating. Now she didn't try to get me to eat liver or tripe, but I did eat lambs brains breaded or in parsley sauce, I am not too sure if I could eat it now.

Now this recipe, like many of my recipes can be expanded for more serves or decreased for less .

Salmon Patties
1 400gm can salmon, bones and skin removed, 2 gherkins finely chopped, 1/3 stick celery finely diced, 4 - 5 large potatoes boiled and mashed

Mix all ingredients together. I find it best done while the potato is still fairly warm. Let cool then form in patties. Place onto a plate lined with baking paper. Refrigerate till set. Heat equal amounts of butter and oil, lightly dust the patties with plain flour. Cook on both sides until brown and crisp. Drain in paper towel. Serve with a salad or steamed vegies or as I do home made chips.

Try them I hope you will enjoy them as much as we do.


No comments:

Post a Comment