A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Golden Mountain - Chinese Restaurant - Ballarat - VIC

On our recent trip to Lorne we came home via Ballarat were we stayed the night at our favourite Motel. The Begonia City Motor Inn in Sebastapol.

http://www.bcmi.com.au/

Now as luck would have it about 3 minutes away is my most favourite patchwork shop - Gail's Patchwork Emporium. So of course Mr CLI took me there. Unfortunately being on a motorbike did restrict me in what I can buy, but I still had fun and of course bought a large bag full of material, with even Mr CLI finding a lovely piece with birds on it which I am at the moment turning into a quilt top.


Miss Le Coiffure also came with us so we all went out to our favourite Chinese Restaurant the Golden Mountain. Now we have been going to this restaurant for nearly 20 years. The same people run it, and now their children are on duty at the front counter.

Now this restaurant is nothing grand about 6 small tables with chairs, but the steady stream of take away tells you that the food is good.

There dim sims and spring rolls are to die for, nothing beats them. Mr CLI made the suggestion to get extra fried rice and dim sims for tea the next night when we are home.

There food is plentiful tasty and no MSG in sight. So if you are ever in Ballarat. try the Golden Mountain restaurant, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I like fabric shopping too-not that I can sew (I can't at all) but to use n styling! :)

    ReplyDelete