A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Worlds Easiest Chocolate Coconut Slice

Now I have made this recipe more times than I can remember, it is very easy to put together. You can have it made and in the oven in about 10 minutes. Once it has cooked I leave it to cool in the tray then ice it.

The slice keeps well for at least a week in an airtight container.

The original recipe comes from a Women's Weekly Cookbook - The Big Book of Beautiful Biscuits. It is many years old as I only paid $4.98 for it.


This is the cover of my copy, I think there is a new version out.












Chocolate Fudge Bars
1 cup plain flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup dessicated coconut, 1 tbsp cocoa, 185gm butter - melted, 1/2 tsp vanilla essence, 1 egg

Chocolate Icing
1 cup icing sugar, 2 tbsps cocoa, 30 gm butter - melted, 1 1/2 tbsps hot water, extra coconut

Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. add melted butter and half the water, mix together. Slowly add remaining water till icing a good spreading consistency.

Preheat oven 180.c. Line a 28cm x 18cm lamington tin with baking/parchment paper.

Bars - Mix together dry ingredients, add butter, vanilla and egg. Mix together well. Press in prepared tin. Bake 20 minutes. Cool in tin then ice and sprinkle with extra coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment