A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Goodness Its Tuesday and Caramel Dumplings

Well Monday disappeared again I didn't even get to my emails till 5 pm last night !

This recipe is one from my old Women's Weekly cookbook from my home eco classes at High School. As always I have altered the recipe to produce more caramel sauce.

You need lots of sauce and then the dumplings swimming  in cold cream.

As you can see by the photo they aren't the most pretty thing but they sure are absolutely scrumptious.

They are light and fluffy inside with a thick caramel sauce.

Not only are they yummy but they are also quite easy to make.

In a large saucepan you bring all the sauce ingredients to the boil, while you are doing that you mix together the dumplings then drop balls of dough into the sauce, clamp a lid on, reduce the heat and wait 20 minutes till your yummy dessert is ready.

Caramel Dumplings

Dumplings - 2 1/2 cups SR flour, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup caster sugar, 3/4 - 1 cup milk


Mix together in a large bowl the flour, vanilla and sugar, add enough to milk to form a soft dough that can be rolled into balls.

Roll the dough into golf ball size balls and drop into the sauce.

Sauce - 60 gms butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups water

Place all ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to the boil.


When boiling add dumplings , reduce heat to medium.




 Put on a lid cook for 20 minutes.



Serve and enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment