A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Moroccan Chicken with Potato and Beans

Now I love Moroccan food, the melding of flavours using herbs and spices. One of my "Bucket List" holiday destinations is Morocco, I would probably need to win Tattslotto to get there but we can always dream.

I take great enjoyment out of pounding garlic and herbs in my mortar and pestle then gently mixing them with juice and olive oil to create a flavourful chemoula.

This recipe is quite easy and you can also substitute fish for the chicken and you could add 1cm slices of capsicum instead or as well as the beans.

I served this with my cardamom rice pilaf. I will post that recipe another day.



Moroccan Chicken
Chemoula
2 tbsps olive oil, 2 tbsps lemon juice, 2 tsps each ground cumin and coriander, 2 garlic cloves grated

In a small bowl mix all ingredients together.

Sauce
1/2 cup water, 2 tbsps tomato paste, 1 tsp sweet paprika, plain  or smoked , 2 tsps sugar

In another small bowl or jug whisk all the ingredients together

3 chickens fillets skin removed and sliced into 3 or 4 pieces the length of the fillet, 250 grams potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 cm slices, 250 gms green beans topped and tailed and cut into half width wise

Preheat oven 200.c

In a 5 cm deep baking dish large enough for you to place the chicken in one layer. Place the chicken flat then pour over the chemoula. Top with potato slices then the beans and capsicum if you are using. Pour over the sauce, cover and bake 40 - 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.


Serve with rice and pour over some of the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment