A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Lesson Learnt

Missing Puppies Last week I was quitely sitting in my recliner after cleaning up from tea. When I receive a frantic phone call from my daughter, her puppies had escaped. Nine month old Lola - an american staffie and five month old Zara - a minature bull terrier - whose father they think was a wandering staffie. Had broken out of the backyard and taken themselves for a walk. Now as much as I love these 2 dogs neither of them have any road sense or ability to follow their own smell trail back home. So of into the dark I went, by the time I had got to my daughters the oldest dog - Lola had been found 2 streets away and my daughter had collected her. So for the next 3 hours we drove around calling and looking for her mate Zara. I was quite amazed at the amount of cats allowed to wander at night, as I thought that by law they had to be by sunset. We had no luck that night. Well word of mouth and a thing called facebook is an amazing thing as by Tues afternoon hundreds of people new about our escapee Zara. We had reports of her wandering for the next 2 days, in the meantime an ad was placed in the local paper offering a reward. By Friday my daughter had received a call by someone who had "just" found Zara. So at lunchtime on a rescue mission I went. Home she came with me and vey relieved to. She was very glad to be back with her family. When she saw my daughter she was ecstatic. Lessons learnt 1. Have collars with a tag with the dogs name and their owners phone numbers engraved on them. 2. Ensure that your fences are secure. So after the saga of last week I am hoping for a quieter week this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment