A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What to do with four lamb leg steaks


Well I found myself with a problem what can I cook with 4 lamb leg steaks. After a search through a couple of cook books I got an idea to make a Lancashire Hot Pot. I didn't use a specific recipe, but I went with what I thought would work. It is very simple, not many ingredients required, the hardest part was peeling the potatoes.


Lancashire Hot Pot
4 lamb steaks, enough potatoes sliced 1cm thick to cover base and top of of dish, 2 cups chicken stock, 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme, 2 bay leaves broken in half, salt and pepper, 6 juniper berries flattened

Layer the base with with potatoes sprinkle with salt and pepper, place on 2 bay leaf halves. Place steaks in a single layer, sprinkle with juniper berries, salt , pepper and bay leaves. Cover with potato slices. Carefully pour over stock sprinkle some salt and pepper ontop.

Cover with double layer of tinfoil then place on lid if using one. Bake 180.c 1 - 1 1/2 hours. You can remove lid once potatoes are cooked and let them crisp in the oven.

Enjoy !

1 comment:

  1. That looks so delicious! I'm really into all of these warming recipes now that the weather is cooling down and I've never tried to make Lancashire Hot Pot! :D

    ReplyDelete