A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, July 29, 2011

So So Sewing

Well there hasn't been much exciting cooking happening this week.

I have been trying to get some sewing done. I sew most of my quilts , table runners and small table cloths together by hand, then I quilt them on my new purpose built machine.

I soon discovered that trying to quilt a large bed quilt on a domestic sewing machine was a nightmare, so I made the decision to purchase a purpose built domestic sewing machine for quilting that has a large throat plate, which enables me to get a large amount of quilt between the foot and machine.

I bought a Brother QC 1000









Now I must finish and sell some quilts to help pay for the machine. I have several ready to quilt but the process of getting the 3 layers of the quilt together is quite daunting. So I decided this was the week that I was going to get at least one quilted.

So have I succeeded, no with interuptions from family members and getting the blessed washing done I am still trying to get the quilt together. Yesterday I ironed everything. So today is the day to put it all together.

So I must be off and get into it, if I stay on my laptop too long I will lose interest.

So until next time have a good weekend and forget about the boring chores do something enjoyable.

1 comment: