A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pasta with Chicken and Basil

Now I was going to cook Spaghetti Genovese, but I needed green beans and Parmesan. When I finally sat down yesterday it was 4.15 and I couldn't be bothered driving to the shops, so I created this recipe instead, as I wanted to use the fresh basil I had in the fridge.


This is quite a simple dish that doesn't take long to cook, once you get the pasta started you then start the sauce by the time the pasta is cooked so is the sauce. 




Then you drain the pasta adding it to the sauce toss it about for a minute add the basil, then serve.


Now you really do need fresh basil for this so that you can get the sweet flavour of the basil.


Pasta with Chicken and Basil
enough spaghetti or pasta to serve 4 people I cooked 300 gms dried spaghetti
3 small or 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes, 1/4 - 1/2 onion finely diced, 2 large or 3 small cloves of garlic finely chopped, 500 gm passata, 1/2 tsp dried marjoram or oregano OR 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves torn


Pasta
Bring enough water to the boil to cover your pasta, add salt and pasta. Cook until al dente.


Drain and add to sauce


Sauce
In a large frypan heat 2 tbsps oil, add chicken, onion and garlic. Stir until the chicken is white, be careful and don't let anything burn.






























Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT balsamic & fresh basil, bring to the boil, cover and reduce heat, simmer 7 - 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.






























Once chicken and pasta are cooked, add balsamic vinegar stir, then add the pasta. Toss till covered in sauce, then toss in basil. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan on top.












All ready to eat. Yum !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment