A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Pattern for Easy to Knit Booties

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I spent most of the weekend knee deep in my sewing room tidying it. So of course to tidy you have to pull everything out to sort and repack into new baskets I bought to put into 2 news sets of shelves I got from Cheap as Chips. So there are pockets of tidy surrounded by piles of mess. Lol

 

Now I thought I would post this pattern because it is a very easy bootee pattern using 8 ply wool. You could probably get them knitted and sewn together in under an hour.

Basic Bootee Pattern - variegated wool pink blue and mauve left side in picture

Cast on 35 stitches.

Rows 1 - 8 - knit

Row 9 - Knit 15 , knit 2 tog, knit 1, knit 2 tog, knit 15

Row 10 - Knit 14, knit 2 tog, knit 1, knit 2 tog, knit 14

Row 11 - knit 13, knit 2 tog, knit 1, knit 2 tog, knit 13

Row 12 - knit 12, k it 2 tog, knit 1, knit 2 tog, knit 12

Row 13 - knit 11, knit 2 tog, knit 1, knit 2 tog, knit 11

Row 14 - knit 10, knit 2 tog, knit 1, knit 2 tog, knit 10 (25 sts)

Rows 15 & 16 - knit

Row 17 - knit 1 "yrn knit 2 tog" repeat to end

Rows 18 - 22 - knit

Cast off knit ways.

pink bootees - I knitted in stocking stitch up to last decrease row.

Row 15 - knit

Row 16 - purl

Row 17 - as above

Row 18 - purl

Row 19 - knit 1 * yrn slip 1 knit 2 tog paso, yrn knit 1* repeat to last 5 stitches yrn slip 1 knit 2 tog psso yrn knit 2 tog

Row 20 - purl

Row 21 - knit 2 tog * yrn knit 1, slip 1 knit 2 tog psso * repeat til last 2 stitches, yrn knit 2 tog

Row 22 - purl

Cast of knit ways.

Aqua, pink and green variegated wool was done in garter stitch, k 1 , p 1.

Every row and when you do the decreasing rows knit the decreases and make sure you knit or purl next stitch as required to keep pattern correct.

If you have any questions just send me a message and I will try to help you.

Now I had better get back to my sewing room.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment