A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Thai Fish Cakes

Now this is my version of Thai fish cakes, a lot of recipes put red curry paste in, but as I didn't have any I " created" this recipe.

 

Very tasty they were. Mr CLI wolfed his down and commented that they were beautiful and he would eat them again.

 

I also made a dipping which was quite easy and very tasty. I even poured it over my rice so I could eat every drop.

This recipe is enough for 10 cakes 4 - 5 cm wide

Thai Fish Cakes

Fish cakes

500 gms salmon fillets, 10 green beans cut into 1/2 cm slices, 1 egg, 1 kaffir lime leaf finely sliced, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp coriander powder or 1 tbsp fresh coriander, 1 tsp sambal oelek, 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tsp brown or palm sugar

Dipping Sauce

50 mls rice wine vinegar ( if you don't have it replace it with white vinegar) 100 gms white sugar, 2 tbsps water, 2 tsps each very finely chopped carrot and cucumber, 2 tsps fish sauce, 2 tsps sweet chilli sauce or to taste

Dipping Sauce

In a small saucepan place the water, vinegar & sugar. Bring to the boil, simmer 1 minute remove from the heat and let cool.

Once cool add remaining ingredients, taste it may need more chilli or fish sauce.

Fish Cakes

Place all ingredients except beans in a food processor. Process until just combined. Stir in beans.

Heat 4 tbsps oil in a frypan. Drop heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into the pan, flatten with the back of the spoon.

 

Cook until you see the edges turn white 2 - 3 minutes. Turn cook a further 1 - 2 minutes. Drain on paper towel serve with the dipping sauce and steamed rice. I also served it with salad.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope the weather warms up quickly for these! I always associate fish cakes with warmer weather and being on holiday! :D

    ReplyDelete