A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mini Meatballs

Now as the theme for the party food was finger food I even made the meatballs small. Out of 500gms of mince I got about 40 meatballs.

As with most of my recipes this one is very easy, but the meatballs are moist and flavourful.


You can make them ahead of time then cover them in tin foil and reheat in the oven.

Meatballs
500 gms mince beef, 2 cloves garlic grated, 2 tbsps tomato sauce, 1 tbsps Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp celery salt, 1 tbps chopped fresh parsley.

In a bowl mix all ingredients together, the best way to do this is with your hands. Collect the mince together in a ball the throw it together on the inside side of the bowl. Do this several times till the meat melds together.

I do this so that the meatballs don't fall apart while cooking.

Roll into small balls, or larger if you wish for bigger meatballs. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a large frypan. Cook for 3-4 minutes rolling the balls around to get and even brownness over the meatballs.

Reduce heat to medium cover the frypan the cook for a further 5 - 7 minutes stirring a couple of times, till the meatballs are cooked through.










Remove from the frypan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.

Serve hot with tomato or BBQ sauce.

1 comment:

  1. What perfect party food-tasty and able to be eaten one handed! I would make a beeline for these :P

    ReplyDelete