A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Very Easy Mini Egg and Bacon Pies

Now these are very easy to make you could make them bigger, but I think they are nice this size which is about 3 bites depending on the size of your mouth.

These went down a treat at the party the other day, with people commenting how tasty they are.

It is nice to get compliments for your food when you have worked hard to prepare it.

One lady even asked me if I catered for parties professionally ! In another life I may have, had I not been put of studying cooking at Emily MacPherson in Melbourne as a teenager.

This recipe is for 12 pies. You can multiple as much as you want. Also as it has so few ingredients you would probably have most of them in your fridge and freezer you can make them at a drop of a hat.

I used the smaller tray, but you could use a larger tray and double the recipe.








Also once cooled they can be frozen for another time.

Egg and Bacon Pies
1 sheet puff pastry,cut into 12 squares, 3 large or 4 small eggs beaten with a couple of grinds of black pepper, 3 rashers bacon, rind removed and chopped into 1 cm pieces

Preheat oven to 220.c.

Place the pastry squares into each hole. If your tray is not non stick I would spray the tray with a little oil to make it easier to get the pies out after baking.

Divide the bacon between each pie. Top with egg. Bake 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and the filling is set.

Remove from the oven and as soon as you can remove pies from the tray and cool on a cake rack.

Eat and enjoy.

1 comment: