A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, November 4, 2011

White Christmas

Not what you where thinking but the white sweet that is full of fruit and very easy to make.

Even though Christmas is still 7 weeks away it doesn't hurt to think of Christmas recipes.

My Nana would always make this at Christmas time, and I must admit I loved it, but I had to make sure that I didn't overload on the sugar factor, as it would give me a nose bleed.

It is very easy to make and you can get you kids to help, just make sure that you pour the hot copha in.

You can either put it in a tin and cut it into pieces or put it into small patty pan papers. This makes an excellent Christmas gift.

This is the recipe my Nana always used.

White Christmas
250 gm copha, melted, 1 cup pure icing sugar, 1 cup sultanas, 100g glace cherries, chopped, 100 gms dried apricots chopped, 1 cup desiccated coconut, 1 cup full cream milk powder, 1 1/4 cups rice bubbles

Line a 18cm x 28cm tray with baking/parchment paper or place patty pan cases on a tray.

Mix all ingredients except copha together, pour over copha, mix well.

Pour into tray and flatten with the back of a spoon, or place spoonfuls into patty pans cases. Place into the fridge to set.

If you made it in the tray upend onto a chopping board and cut into pieces.

Eat and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I used to get nose bleeds from chocolate when I was young. This looks really good. I haven't quite started thinking about Christmas yet though!

    ReplyDelete