A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Taa Daah ! ! ! !

Well after a week were perseverance and determination won out, here is the quilt top that I have been working on for the last 15 years finished.

I have not quilted it or bound it yet, but that is a job that I can do later.



It is pretty amazing to think that I have shifted 3 houses and stared at the basket that this unfinished quilt top was sitting in and yet it just 4 days I had it finished. lol

Silly really when you think about it that it had me so worried that I couldn't finish the appliqueing.

The centre medallion.








So the next one to tackle is the crazy patchwork quilt, I will have to go and buy some material for the sashing then cut the squares to size and sew it together. This will only take me a day. See it really was silly of me to leave these quilt for so long.


A couple of the smaller blocks.







Why I had left it so long I don't know, but it is a good feeling to have 1 quilt top completed and a plan of action for the other one.

Now I can sit and design and create other quilts with a clear conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment