A tiny slice of my life

This is a look at my life, and the many things I try to learn and do.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Food Bloggers Unplugged - For Fun

This is a game of tag, but doesn't involve running around and getting sweating. You just sit down and answer some questions, then just "tag" and pass it onto to your food blog.

I got the idea from Karen at Lavender and Lovage


She got the original idea from Susan at "A little bit of Heaven on a plate"


So sit back and read the questions see my answers then take the time to post your own answers on your blog.

1. What, or who inspired you to start a blog?
2. Who is your foodie inspiration?
3. Your greasiest, batter - splattered food/drink book is?
4. Tell us all about the best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it, what was it?
5. Another food bloggers table you'd like to eat at is?
6. What is the one kitchen gadget you would ask Santa for this year (money no object of course)?
7. Who taught you how to cook?
8. I'm coming to you for dinner what's your signature dish?
9. What is your guilty food pleasure?
10. Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?


Finally...tag 5 other food bloggers with these questions...like a hot baked potato...pass it on!

Now my answers to the questions
1 - After searching for recipes on the web I discovered all these blogs, but the one that inspired me was Not Quite Nigella by Lorraine Elliott.

2 - I don't have a particular person but I am inspired by anyone that uses fresh produce and recipes that don't have ingredients or utensils that I need to search the world for 4 people I do use there recipes often are Nigella, Ina Garten, Lidia Bastianich and good old Jamie Oliver.

3 - My most used book from when I bought it as a teenager is the Women's Weekly Chinese cook book. My next book would be the folder I have created with copies of my most used recipes, some of the plastic sleeves holding them are a bit sticky. LOL

4 - Having only travelled to two other countries USA - Anaheim, and New Zealand, I would have to say it was take away Chinese in the town of Thames on the North Island of NZ, we sat on the front veranda of our cabin and looked across the sea as we ate it.

5 - Lorraine Elliott - Not Quite Nigella.

6 - My most desired kitchen appliance well 2 actually a thermomix or an ice cream maker that doesn't need the bowl frozen for 24 hours.

7 - My Nana taught me the basics, but I am self taught I bought myself a stay sharp knife when I was 15 also my Women's Weekly Chinese cookbook and taught myself from there.

8 - My signature dish, that is a hard one because I have a few from different cuisines - if it is indian it would be my mouth watering lamb curry with pilaf rice - chinese my crispy pork with sweet and sour sauce - italian - spaghetti carbonara, with no cream in site, these just a few of my "signature" dishes.

9 - chips not hot fried ones but Smiths Crisps.

10 - I don't know if there is anything that is terrible exciting I have been trying to learn Spanish from my best friend who is from Peru, but we stop and start so it is slow going I can understand the spoken word and written but trying to format sentences is taking a bit longer. Also I am trying to create a line of hand made quilts and their patterns to sell online.

So please if you are reading this and have a food blog give this quiz a go and pass it along.

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you so much for the lovely shout out! And one day I hope to share a meal with you too! :D Psst I love crinkle cut chips too-have you tried the new Vegemite ones? Yum!

    ReplyDelete